2011 - Handshake With Alabama Agenda
Here is what we accomplished in 2011.
- Change in control of the State House from Democratic to Republican for the first time in 136 years.
- Rolling Reserve - First Bill Passed (download ppt)
- Students First Act - Tenure reform, where due process and tenure are still in place, but incentives to fight fair dismissal as long as possible were eliminated. Appeals went annual average 200 >9.
- Incentive Clawback - My first bill to sponsor
- ENROLLED - An Act, To provide that if the state makes a commitment to a company to provide economic development funds, the state and the company must enter into a written, mutually acceptable contract within a certain time for the commitment to be valid. BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF ALABAMA: Section 1. (a) After the effective date of this act, no commitment made by the state to provide economic development funds as an incentive for a company to build or expand in this state shall be valid unless the state and the company to whom the commitment was made, within five years of the date of the commitment, enter into a mutually acceptable written contract outlining the conditions of the project. (b) Any commitment made by the state before the effective date of this act in which the state and the company to whom the commitment was made have not entered into a mutually acceptable written contract outlining the conditions of the project is void after five years from the date of the commitment or one year after the effective date of this act, whichever is later.
- Good Samaritan Law - My second bill to sponsor - to provide civil immunity to any person, who, in good faith and without compensation, participates in emergency response activities.