- Improve public education so our children can compete and succeed
- Grow Pre-K capacity so all children have access to high quality education
- Insure all children can read by 3rd Grade with strong K-3 Literacy
- Insure all middle school and high school have strong computer science available
- Help Alabama Attainment Goal of 1/2 million more high quality skilled labor in the workforce by 2025 become reality
- Work with all schools and school systems for Safety
- Recruit good-paying, long lasting jobs and industry
- Improve infrastructure for Alabama roads and bridges to support our economic development
- Pass the "Heartbeat Bill" because all life deserves a chance to live
Educating our state's children is an issue that is dear to my heart. As a mother and now grandmother, I know the importance of a quality education system that is working for the students.
Over the last 8 years in office, I have helped to write eight education budgets that have put needed funding into our children's classrooms, without a single year of proration. I also passed a bill grading school performance on an easy-to-understand A-F scale, so that parents can know how their children's schools compare.
In the upcoming term, I will continue to fight to ensure that the progress we have made in education is upheld.
A thriving economy is the cornerstone of a healthy community. That is why I so strongly believe in the importance of a good economic development strategy for Morgan County.
I have passed important workforce development bills that are creating jobs and fighting unemployment.
As we move into the future, I will continue to look for opportunities for our local economy to be strengthened and thrive.